To run InspiroScan, you'll need:
- A computer running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. What's my operating system?
- 2GB RAM.
- 1440 × 900 display or better. What's my screen resolution?
- 20 GB free hard drive space.
- Excel 2003 or later.
You'll also need a scanner. For best results, your scanner should:
- Be able to save in TIFF format.
- Be able to scan in monochrome / black and white (grayscale may also be compatible).
- Be able to scan two-sided (duplex) for scanning double-sided forms.
- Have an automatic sheet feeder so that you don't have to manually load each page.
- Be TWAIN compliant. This is only necessary if you want InspiroScan to control the scanner directly.
If you don't have a scanner yet, we currently recommend the Fujitsu fi-7160.
The InspiroScan Form Creator, a free online tool for creating anonymous survey forms, requires an internet connection.
“We prefer InspiroScan a million times over Scantron!”
Rutgers University, Department of Exercise Science
“I would definitely recommend this product to my colleagues.”
Johns Hopkins University, Department of Biology